If you pay for Summer Camp NYC 2023 and decide to cancel for any reason, we will refund your payment in accordance with the following schedule and conditions. By providing payment to us, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.
1. For cancellation requests received prior to March 1, 2023, we will refund 90% of your payment.
2. For cancellation requests received between March 2, 2023 and May 1, 2023, we will refund 50% of your payment.
3. After May 1, 2023, no refunds or credits will be given.
4. You may switch to another week if there is availability. There is no charge for the first switch. Subsequent switches will result in a charge of $15 per switch.
How to Request a Cancellation within the Timeline Above:
You may email us your refund request at firstname.lastname@example.org and our response within 24 hours will be confirmation of receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us, then we have not received your request. All requests must be in writing via email (not by phone or by informing a Genius Gems staff member).
What if my child contracts COVID-19 and has to miss camp?
Our #1 priority is the safety of our campers and our staff. We will follow the CDC guidelines with respect to quarantine. If your child has to quarantine, we will do our best to reschedule your camp session to another date. If you are not available to reschedule, or there are no available time slots, unfortunately, we will not be able to issue you a refund or a credit.
What if I decide I'm concerned about COVID-19, and I no longer want my child to participate?
If you decide you no longer wish to attend in-person due to COVID-19 cases, unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund for withdrawing from the program. If there is a surge of COVID cases and Genius Gems is required to shut down by state regulations, we will offer a virtual program with hands-on materials and live instructions. Genius Gems will not issue refunds or credits due to COVID or due to a family not wishing to participate in a virtual program in the event of a state shutdown.
Neither refunds nor credits will be given:
- If a child is asked to leave the program due to behavioral issues, including a child not following rules or instructions from Genius Gems staff.
- If a child missed a day or more of camp, or dropped out of camp early.
- A family moves and can no longer attend camp.
- If a family decides they no longer wish to participate in the program for any reason.
- If a child is not yet fully potty trained at the beginning of camp. This is a requirement to attend our camp.
Unfortunately, we do not offer makeup days, credits or refunds for missed days of camp, including if a child is sick, goes on vacation, or leaves the program early.