General Admission for Genius Gems NYC:
- Cost is $29.99 + tax per person (including adults)
- Every person entering Genius Gems ages 2 and older needs a ticket.
- If a child under 2 is attending without an older sibling, they will need a ticket as well.
- Ticket must be purchased online in advance. We do not sell tickets in the store.
- Tickets are required for each guest who wants to enter Genius Gems.
- TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
What Does a General Admission Ticket Include?
- Access to everything in our main space, including our collection of over 100,000 magnetic tiles, our custom magnetic light wall, stations featuring Ozobot® line-following robots, Candy Tiles, Glitter Tiles, Marble Shoots, Domino Tracks, a Glow-in-the-Dark Room, and much more.
- We offer hundreds of 2D and 3D magnetic tile designs to choose from that allow you to build incredible projects quickly, or you can design anything you can imagine, from bridges and castles to towers and unicorns!
- We award tokens for completing our design challenges, which can be exchanged for prizes (including slime) in our gift shop. Adults receive tokens for building, too - we encourage it!
- All activities are facilitated by our talented and friendly staff in a clean, bright, museum-like setting.
- We offer cafe seating in our lower level, a gift shop featuring magnetic tiles and robots for sale, freshly-brewed espresso drinks, fresh cheese pizza, smoothies, and healthy grab and go options for sale. Many food items we sell are vegan, gluten free, and/or Kosher.
- As an optional extra, customers can make their own slime in our Slime Bar, where you choose from a menu of custom creative slimes - and leave the mess to us! Design Bar tickets are available for an additional cost.
- Free WiFi is available, but we encourage you to be present and join in our activities!
ARE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED? ARE WALK-INS ALLOWED?
All tickets must be purchased in advance at nyc.geniusgems.com, including members making reservations. No walk-ins allowed.
HOW LONG IS EACH VISIT?
Each general admission visit is 90 minutes.
WHAT AGE IS THIS FOR?
Our general admission experience is primarily for ages 4 and up, but most teens and even adults love what we do at Genius Gems, especially in the evening hours. For children who are not yet in kindergarten, we offer age-appropriate activities during most weekdays during our opening hours. Please check our website page for our hours, as hours during the week may vary. For ages 10 and up, we offer more complex design challenges, including marble runs and magnetic tile dominos, timed building races, our Glow-in-the-Dark room, and they can also explore our Robot World tables, featuring Ozobots and Microbits, and our Design Bar, which offers Glitter Tiles and optional slime (slime is an additional cost). Beer and wine is available for sale in our cafe to patrons aged 21 and older with valid ID.
CAN I BRING MY TWO YEAR OLD?
Genius Gems is not designed for two year olds, except during weekday mornings (non-holidays), where we will have additional activities for younger children available. During peak hours (afterschool, weekends, holidays), our main activities are designed for children ages 4 and older. Our main rule is that we ask children and adults not to knock over projects on purpose, which can be difficult for children under age four to follow. We expect all guests to follow this rule to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for our other guests, so please consider this when purchasing tickets.
CAN I DROP MY CHILD OFF?
All children must be accompanied by an adult during general admission visits (including members). A child's adult is required to remain present, and is responsible for supervising their child at all times while at Genius Gems. Drop-off is only permitted when a child is enrolled in a class, camp, and certain special events. We are not a day care, and parents/guardians should never leave a child unattended at Genius Gems for general admission.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE OFF MY SHOES TO PLAY?
Guests can keep their shoes on when in our NYC space, except when on our carpeted areas. We have a coat closet with lockers where you may leave your belongings.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS?
Please check our social media (@geniusgemsllc) for occasional special and limited time offers.
WHAT DO ADULTS DO AT GENIUS GEMS?
Adults are encouraged to participate in everything we offer, from magnetic tile building to playing with robots, and we love to award tokens to adults as well as children for their participation. We find the more involved the caregivers get in everything we do, the more they love the Genius Gems experience!
HOW DO I GET TO GENIUS GEMS NYC?
We are located at 555 6th Avenue (entrance on 6th Avenue, between 15th and 16th Street). We are near many major subway lines by 14th Street, as well as the Path Train.
I HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS
If you have any other questions, please e-mail us.
WHAT IS YOUR ALLERGY POLICY?
No outside food is permitted. Please see our Allergy Policy.
Please read our safety policy here regarding COVID-19.